Financial Customer Service Specialist
Posted by email@example.com on May 20, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
Another Source’s client, Stanford University, is recruiting a Financial Customer Service Specialist to join their Buying and Payment Support team.
Here’s a little about Stanford and the position they are recruiting for:
ABOUT THE BUYING AND PAYMENT SUPPORT CENTER:
Our vision for the center is to substantially improve the level of service to all internal and external customers.
This vision transforms the role of customer service from simple resolution of presenting problems to proactive guidance and root cause solutions to business problems. This change is driven by intelligent perception from professional front line Specialists who can handle challenging customer contacts and understand the principles of continuous business process improvement.
The Financial Customer Service Representative provides excellent professional customer service responding to incoming phone and email communication, based on thorough understanding of industry policies, best practices and procedures.
The Financial Customer Service Representative primary responsibilities are:
- * Manage a high volume of incoming calls and emails
- * Respond promptly to finance and University policy inquiries
- * Keep detailed records of all customer interactions
- * Record details of actions taken
- * Follow up on customer interactions
- * Provide feedback on the efficiency/deficiency of processes and trends
- * Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the scope of the job responsibility
- * Find opportunities to educate the customer by clarifying policies and procedures
- * Perform moderately complex finance functions, including structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.
- * Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate moderately complex financial data sets, including large volumes of data, financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.
- * Develop budget, forecasting, and analyses to be used by internal management for key activities or decision making.
- * Resolve issues within immediate work unit; apply ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution, and recognize exceptions. Perform preliminary analysis, and recommend solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes.
- * Run and analyze moderately complex financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.
- * Understand, apply, and ensure compliance with complex internal policies and external regulations which may require interpretation.
- * Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues, and respond in a professional and timely manner.
- * Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiatives; cooperate and adapt to changes and processes. Participate in change management strategy through communication and collaboration with others.
- * Contribute to development and maintenance of desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility. Develop basic test scenarios, perform testing, and analyze and summarize results.
- * Understand and participate in cross training on core functions in work area or unit; serve as a back-up to other functions.
Education & Experience:
- * Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- * Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- * User knowledge and demonstrated experience of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- * Understanding and ability to apply basic accounting skills and concepts.
- * Demonstrated communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- * Basic project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
- * Handle inbound calls, voicemails, and email contacts.
- * Research customer issues using a variety of tools including a suite of Oracle and PeopleSoft products.
- * Develop and maintain expertise across a range of subject areas, gaining sufficient familiarity with the associated administrative processes to be able to process customer requests accurately and efficiently.
- * Work to achieve first contact resolution on every call.
- * Document customer issues, accurately coding the contact and providing additional documentation as needed.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Keywords: Customer Service, Customer Support, Accounts Payable, AP, Accounts Receivable, AR, Payroll, Finance, Accounting, Procurement, Vendor, Buyer, Personal Banker, Banking, Bank Teller, Teller, Bookkeeping, Client Services, Customer Advocate, Financial Service Representative, Financial Services Specialist, Financial Aid, Admissions, Student Support
To be considered for this position, please apply directly on Stanford’s career site, requisition 74091. Internally this position is titled “Financial Support Center Specialist.”
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vvdnf6khfs55c583
- Location: , Palo Alto, California , United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No