Financial Analyst III
Posted by PatricioEnterprisesLLC on April 16, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
POSITION: Financial Analyst III
LOCATION: Stafford, VA
STATUS: Full Time- available immediately
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Secret Clearance required
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
The Financial Analyst III provides support to clients with the management, budgeting, accounting, and reporting of their financial resources. The incumbent will perform professional level work in analyzing financial data, budgetary requests, and interpreting and applying financial guidelines. The qualified candidate is responsible for coordinating with other program analysts, project officers, budget analysts, logisticians, and engineers on the development and overall monitoring of product financial management documentation, budget milestones, short and long term financial plans, and related metrics. The candidate will specifically support the Marine Corps Systems Command’s, Assistant Product Manager for Finance in support of the Product Manager Infantry Combat Equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports some aspects of the annual budget financial cycle.
- Develops Program Object Memorandum (POM) submissions, Five Year Defense Plans (FYDP), and annual phasing plans.
- May develop parts of budget exhibits, writes budget justifications, and traces appropriations.
- Supports the customer and senior analysts in the development of execution plans, monitors and reports execution status, and researches contract payment problems.
- Prepares presentations and supports program reviews as required.
- Advises on financial policies, procedures, and plans.
- Assists in the development of forecast estimates and performance measures.
- Assists in the coordination of financial and management data so as to interpret the composite financial results of operations.
- Reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and reports on program accomplishments in financial terms.
- Examines budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Prepares and tracks funding documents.
- Conducts follow-up on obligations and expenditures on all funding documents to ensure goals are met.
- Supports the review of fund status with vendors and other Government organizations to ensure liquidations for closing out and de-obligation of excess funds.
- Provides input to data calls.
- Conducts some analysis, reports financial risk, and may advise senior analysts or the Government of strategies to mitigate the impact of financial risks on the program.
- Develops and maintains budget monitoring models and coordinates production of formal monitoring reports.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any clearances, statuses, licenses, or determinations as required.
- Maintains regular onsite work schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Proficiency in Government finance or accounting
- Proficiency in the research, analysis, and evaluation of financial information
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work with large amounts of data, interpret records, detect errors, and prepare reports
- Ability to effectively lead other employees
- Proficiency with databases and spreadsheet programs
BS/BA in finance, business, accounting or related field.
- Minimum of six to eight (6-8) years in finance, accounting, budgeting or similar work.
- Working knowledge of Marine Corps internal finance systems to include Financial Information Management Systems (FIMS), Standard Accounting, Budget and Reporting Systems (SABRS), Report Net, and Procurement Request (PR) Builder.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Location: , Stafford, Virginia 22405, United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No