Field Service Engineer | SAN DIEGO, CA | ACTIVE TS//SCI req’d – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on November 7, 2019
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Field Service Engineer
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
We are seeking a TS/SCI cleared Field Service Engineer, located in San Diego, CA to be responsible for maintaining mission essential systems while providing direct support to end users in an operational environment.
- Be proficient supporting a distributed LINUX server and Database environment – Virtual and Physical
- Problem solve complex IT topics and take initiative to recommend and implement solutions
- Positive attitude and user support oriented, willingness to teach and advise on technical and functional issues
- Be required to meet short notice operational requirements.
- 5+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- Expert Linux knowledge of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- TCP/IP networking knowledge including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc)
- Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, kick starting, and configuration management systems, etc.
- No-SQL database server deployment and management (Cassandra, Mongodb, etc)
- SQL database experience (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Experience with deployment and configuration of monitoring systems (Nagios, Cacti, etc.)
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc)
- Experience and knowledge of DNS configuration and best practices
- Experience with Data management and disaster recovery processes
- Experience with mission critical Enterprise level systems and IT operations, aka “5 Nines”.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Interact and collaborate with war-fighters on a daily basis
- Collect customer requirements and train users
- Willingness to work occasional long hour days and weekends when necessary
- Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Active TS/SCI clearance in JPAS
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No