Field Engineer (Washington D.C.)(secret clearance) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on January 3, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
POSITION: Field Engineer
Location: Washington D.C.
RECRUITER: Carey McAuliffe
PLEASE APPLY: Field Engineer
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Mayvin® is currently seeking experienced applicants to serve as a Field Engineer who will support a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) based client located in Washington, D.C. The candidate shall serve as a technical lead on a team supporting subterranean-related efforts across the Southwest and Northern Borders.
This poistion requires up to 50% travel.
You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered. Secret clearance is required.
Must possess or be able to acquire a favorably adjudicated background investigation (BI) or a single scope background investigation (SSBI) prior to commencing work.
- Serves as the lead technician and manager for mobile response vehicle functionality by implementing configuration management best practices (e.g., inventory control, organizational skills, etc.), software and hardware verification and validation concepts; and software and hardware systematic troubleshooting.
- Performs on-site data collection; planning and executing operational evaluations; and operating and maintaining tunnel program equipment. Tunnel program equipment ranges in complexity from intuitive GPS to multi-component ground penetrating radar.
- Provide support services to deploy the mobile capability to areas of interest based on the operational tempo.
- Performs evaluations of various technologies in an operational environment in urban, suburban and rural areas of the border to assess sensor capabilities and performance.
- Contributes to and/or prepares written technical and non-technical reports to document data collection, operational evaluations, or other tunnel events.
- Performs complex systems installations, maintenance, tests, repairs, and troubleshoots Tunnel Technology equipment issues.
- Participates in vendor training and maintains expertise to successfully transfer knowledge to end users in both informal and formal settings.
- This position involves relocating the mobile response capability to various locations within the United States to conduct assessments and deliver equipment. Must have a valid standard driver’s license (i.e., commercial driver’s license not required) and willingness to drive mobile response capability (i.e., van and trailer).
- Strong interpersonal skills required to frequently communicate with stakeholders internal and external to CBP.
- The person in this position is capable of positioning oneself to install and configure equipment inside and outside the vehicle, works close to the ground and at a height of no more than 10 feet, successfully moves rapidly throughout the survey area, visually inspects equipment, and routinely positions and repositions technology weighing up to 50 pounds for various surveys, data collection efforts, and mobile response capability outfitting.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and scenarios with limited supervision.
- Technical Training in Project Management Body of Knowledge
- PMP certified
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Geology, or Physics from an accredited university is required. If the candidate does not possess a four year degree, four years of related experience will satisfy the education requirement.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
- Must possess or be able to acquire a favorably adjudicated background investigation (BI) or a single scope background investigation (SSBI) prior to commencing work.
- The candidate must possess at least four (4) years of related experience as a Field Engineer.
- Requires strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve issues in the field with limited resources.
- The candidate must have familiarity with operational test design and have the ability to translate customer requirements into measureable data elements. The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- The candidate must have an understanding of DHS/CPB processes and organizational structure.
- The main objective for this expertise is to provide technical capabilities that ensure that the right equipment is operationally available and located at the right place within an acceptable timeframe to support counter-tunnelling efforts. In support of this objective, the candidate shall possess the following expertise and capabilities to assist Government personnel in performing the duties listed below.
Mayvin is a dynamic small business created out of a commitment to deliver unparalleled service to our clients. Our team brings expert knowledge of program management services specializing in Streamlined Acquisition and Operations Management to government organizations. We create effective strategies for program design, execution, and sustainment while implementing action plans to provide our clients with maximum visibility, access, and an impact that serves the needs of the United States. Our team has a diverse array of credentials directly related to providing a comprehensive mission support plan for both military and civilian agencies.
A “Mayvin” is a trusted expert in a particular field who seeks to pass knowledge on to others – a builder of networks, a communicator of knowledge.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a dynamic corporate culture and supportive team environment.
Mayvin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Mayvin is a current participant in E-Verify and conducts internal I-9 audits at least once per year.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No