Exercise Design / Scenario Developer – Okinawa
Posted by email@example.com on June 12, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
The Exercise Design / Scenario Developer reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Exercise Design / Scenario Developer will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead scenario planner/exercise developer, who prepares scenario concepts for service specific, Joint, and Combined, Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) exercises.
- Develop multiple tactical concepts, prepare and conduct scenario briefings, develop operations orders, plans, graphics, FRAG orders, and supporting products.
- Coordinates the numerous facets of exercise control planning including replication of notional units, civilians on the battlefield, role-players, governmental and non-governmental organizations, joint and coalition military forces, and special events desired by the training unit and the exercise director.
- Supervise delivery and execution of tactical and control products during execution.
- Single point of contact for scenario development.
- Develop and refine the scenario concept using current and evolving doctrine and training audience feedback as required, conduct research on doctrine, tactics techniques and procedures.
- Use results of research to update operational documents to ensure doctrinal correctness.
- As required, conduct research on current world situation to support relevant focused training exercises.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in military training and education.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps CSC or completion of equivalent nonresident course required.
- Attendance at SAW or NWS is preferred.
- A minimum of four years operational experience.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in military training and education including organizing and conducting training.
- Experience in the conduct of post exercise AAR or training event effectiveness, analysis, and evaluation a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work and lead in a team environment with demonstrated leadership and customer interface skills.
- Good analytical skills and be able to operate in a demanding environment while executing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Location: Okinawa, Japan, Okinawa, , Japan
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No