Posted by email@example.com on November 9, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The mission of the College of Enlisted Military Education (the Enlisted College) is to provide a continuum of education to improve leadership, sharpen critical and creative thinking skills, and deepen Marines’ understanding of warfighting concepts in distributed and joint environments. The goal is to create ethical, professional leaders who make sound decisions in complex operational situations. The Enlisted College is responsible for the quality and integrity of each of the six SNCOAs, curricula, effectiveness of assessments, and coordination of personnel selection and attendance at each SNCOA.
The Enlisted College relies on successful development and delivery of four newly designed courses to achieve its mission; leadership philosophy, warfighting philosophy, sustaining the transformation, and communication. The communications course is designed to prepare Marines for the application of concepts and techniques necessary to engage in personal and professional communications in all forms. Acquiring communications support services for each SNCOA will equip the Enlisted College with experienced, credible professionals required to develop and deliver a comprehensive communications package.
The Enlisted College has a requirement for technical and professional services support to execute education technology management services and the communications continuum from Sergeants to Advanced School.
The scope of this effort entails technical, analytical, and programmatic support to implement and sustain mission capabilities through execution of critical requirements derived from a comprehensive communications program. This reinforces the vital importance that is placed on a Marine to learn to communicate effectively – the ability to read, understand, write, speak, sway, defend, and influence – as central pillars of enlisted education and an essential capability Marines will need to act on intent and empower their subordinates in the future operating environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Educational Technology Management Services co-located at Government-provided spaces at the Enlisted College at Quantico, VA to support three programs of instruction (Sergeants, Career, and Advanced Schools) taught at the designated SNCOAs. Approximately 90% of the Educational Technology Management Services will be performed at Quantico, VA and the remainder of the services will be evenly spread out between SNCOAs.
- Support the conduct of technical research to identify and recommend innovative virtual simulation techniques, technologies, and products that may be of use to the Enlisted College. Conduct research and development of new features for Enlisted College systems as identified in the table below. Systems access, as required, will be provided by the Government after call award.
|EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT SERVICES|
|Adobe Creative Cloud or equivalent Adobe application suites|
|Microsoft office automation tools to include Office, Project, and Visio|
|Deployable Virtual Training Environment (DVTE)|
|Virtual Battle Space (VBS)|
|Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC)|
- Maintain three developed SharePoint sites (the Enlisted College SharePoint site, the Enlisted College portion of the MCU public website, and a PKI- restricted SharePoint site).
- Bachelors Degree Required – Masters Degree Preferred
- USMC Schooling appropriate to rank
- Familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures expecially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Documented work experience using research sources such as the National Archives, online libraries, and other services.
- Must have experience at a USMC Formal School.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Capable of working efficiently in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with TECOM. Contractor personnel must be familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Have knowledge of Marine Corps training programs and training development processes, the Marine Corps utilization of the Systems Approach to Training and Education (SATE), and an understanding of the Marine Corps Training Information Management System (MCTIMS) Student Registrar module.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- 5% travel expected.
- Position expected to begin on or about 15 Sept 2018.
- Work from government spaces at Quantico, VA.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No