ECS Federal is HIRING an Applications Specialist (Chesapeake, VA)
Posted by Joseph Cross - ECS Federal on August 14, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
ECS is seeking an Applications Specialist to work in our Chesapeake, VA office.
This position is for an application engineer on the SOA Team. You will work with senior architects, developers and system administrators on the SOA team and customers throughout the Coast Guard and Federal Government to design, build, operate, and support the Coast Guard’s Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) infrastructure. You will also be part of the core 24×7 operations and maintenance support team.
- Work with customers, architects, administrators, engineers and developers on the SOA team and various other Coast Guard technical teams to help architect, design, develop, implement and maintain mission-critical REST-based Service Oriented Architecture solutions and software applications for multiple Coast Guard business units.
- Operate, maintain and implement continuous improvements to the SOA infrastructure to meet or exceed all SOA Service and Operating Level requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Configuration management/administration for SOA, evaluating, installing, upgrading, configuring, monitoring, testing and tuning SOA software and related products, backup and recovery policies and procedures, API Server configuration & maintenance (creating and maintaining policies, users, roles, and privileges), ESB tuning and performance monitoring, application/message flow tuning and performance monitoring.
- Develop, validate, coordinate, lead and execute complex maintenance, failover and disaster recovery activities in a 7×24 mission-critical production environment.
- Work in conjunction with architects to implement continuous improvements and updates to the Coast Guard’s SPEAR architecture.
- Provide 7×24 (rotating on-call duty) production support of applications and supporting software and infrastructure associated with the Coast Guard’s SOA to meet mission-critical service level and operating level agreements.
- Work effectively with SOA and other team members to troubleshoot and promptly identify and address problems.
- Perform data analysis and report results related to SOA metrics to provide the team and the command with timely and accurate information pertinent to SOA service level and operating level performance.
- Work with the SOA team to perform licensing, application and data and customer ticket management tasks as required. This includes (but is not limited to) procurement, loading, editing, configuring, restoring, tracking and removing licenses and applications at the requests of our customers and tracking the progress and status of work orders and incidents.
- Prepare clear written instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Help to develop, write and validate enterprise governance standards.
- Research, test, and coordinate SOA software patches/upgrades.
- Work with the SOA team to develop, implement, and maintain SOA security policies.
- Interact with technical teams and vendor support organizations to resolve technical issues.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No