Director of Defense Operations
Posted by Kris Hoegel on December 3, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
RG is looking to hire a Director of Defense Operations. This role is critical in supporting RG’s vision, mission and overarching growth strategy and will be located at our Home Office in Alexandria, VA. This position reports directly to Robbins-Gioia’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will work closely with RG’s Revenue Growth Management (RGM) Team to develop and drive short-term and long-term growth across the defense sector to include the Air Force, Army and Navy. The chosen candidate will be on a P&L responsibility career path and can expect to be involved with or responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
Leadership Focused Activities:
- Manage to business unit Revenue and Gross Margin performance goals
- Manage Engagement Leadership (POC at all DoD Contract locations) and staff development
- Attract, mentor and develop leaders for the future
- Partner with functional departments (HR, Contracts, Finance, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies & practices
- Support personnel actions (hiring, terminations, etc.)
Client/Partner Focused Activities:
- Maintain and expand relationships with key current and future customers
- Expand the RG universe of strategic business partners
- Coordinate broad RG management team participation in customer outreach strategy
- Attend industry and Government conferences & meetings representing RG interests
Growth Focused Activities:
- Support and drive revenue growth across all markets
- Develop pipeline of opportunities
- Drive win strategies for current & future pursuits
- Evaluate customer base & market trend intelligence to inform strategic action plans
- Collaborate with RGM to maintain pipeline forecasts
- Communicate strategy/opportunities to key stakeholders
- Support proposal & capture management life cycle
- Collaborative development of whitepapers, collateral and other earned media
A Manager is an exempt, experienced business professional that has a documented track record of excellent consulting/functional performance. This individual provides subject matter expertise directly to customers (internal or external) in one or more of RG’s core solutions. This role is responsible for leading and managing teams.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years of experience in Federal Government/DoD in either a civilian or military role
- 3+ years of industry management responsibility
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Ability to Travel 25%
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- PMP or DAWIA III Certification
- Current TS or TS/SCI clearance
- Data science related technical experience
- Logistics, MRO experience
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. EOE, including disability/vets
At Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients’ missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients’ strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients’ vision into reality.
- Location: , Alexandria, VA , United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: Yes