Delivery Assistant – Kalispell, MT
Posted by FoodSAOC on March 13, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
We are currently looking for a local Delivery Assistant to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION AND IS LOCATED IN THE KALISPELL, MT, AREA.
- Deliver products to customers and perform customer relations functions.
- Work with Driver to complete multiple stops and cross check products with customer orders.
Accurately, safely, and efficiently deliver merchandise using hand-trucks, ramps and/or lift gates to customers on a predetermined delivery route. May include delivering products down stairs and in all types of weather.
Operate all working equipment safely and efficiently, including but not limited to hand truck, pallet jack, scanner and printer.
Provide the highest level of service and product integrity for every customer by safe and timely delivery of customer orders.
Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
Accurately record delivery by verifying delivery of items with customers and obtaining proper signatures at the time of delivery.
Complete comprehensive pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspections and DVIRs.
Maintain legal weight limits and distributions.
Practice proper body mechanics to ensure safe driving and delivering practices.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Ability to read/write/record data and perform simple mathematical calculations.
Ability to work independently.
Build and maintain trusted relationships with all customers by providing face-to-face service with each delivery.
Ability to read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations is required.
Ability to pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical abilities test is required.
- Frequent stand/walk during delivery activities.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs., occasionally up to 65 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling up to 175 lbs. and occasionally up to 200 lbs. using both hands/arms, to transport loaded hand truck up/down curbs and stairs.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time, exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
Food Services of America offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To learn more about our Company, please visit our website at www.fsafood.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.
- Location: , Kalispell, Montana 59901, United States
- Salary: $16
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No