Defense and Military Senior Analyst (Fort Eustis, VA) (Secret req’d) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on December 28, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Nate Griggs email@example.com; Ashley Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org; and Alexis Lloyd email@example.com
Why Join IDS?
IDS personnel have built a strong reputation for their unparalleled depth of multi-disciplinary expertise in the 3Ds – defense, development, and diplomacy. We maintain an extensive network of interagency and smart power experts who have recently served in complex operations environments. Since 2006, IDS has helped develop multi-disciplinary solutions to government and private sector challenges. Our subject matter experts in civil-military operations, human terrain research and analysis, training and capacity building work closely with customers to create solutions that cross boundaries and reflect best practices.
Position Title: Defense and Military Senior Analyst
Location: Fort Eustis, VA – Full Time
IDS is seeking a senior expert with extensive, knowledge and experience in one or more designated countries and/or geographic, national or political areas, preferably in Afghanistan. Provides insight and advice concerning strategic direction and applicability of up to date solutions. The Subject Matter Expert is typically a former high-ranking military or civilian official and recognized by industry as an expert in their specific field or geographic area. Uses a wide application of principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to develop innovative solutions to problems. Provides expert advice, assistance, or guidance in support of programs and projects. Applies expert knowledge to gather facts, research and analyze the data, and develop conclusions and recommendations.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge and experience developing and applying analytic methodologies and principles;
- Recognized as a leader within study area;
- Leads the application of analytic techniques;
- Is responsible for providing leadership and vision to client and project teams around the methodology;
- Resolves complex problems, which require an in-depth knowledge of analytic methodologies and principles;
- Directs the activities of more junior Analysts or other staff as necessary on activities related to the application of analytical techniques and methodologies;
- Proposes policy initiatives for governmental, intergovernmental, political, and non-governmental stakeholders;
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts;
- Serve as technical expert on executive-level research teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives;
- Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communications skills;
- Prepares detailed reports, briefing papers and other written products setting out relevant research findings and policy recommendations;
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts;
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives;
- Self-initiates assignments;
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results;
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product;
- Provides written analyses on the key issues.
- Active security clearance;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience;
- Master’s Degree;
- SAMS Graduate (Desired);
- Senior Service College Graduate;
- TRADOC Experience;
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No