Posted by Melissa Gendreau on January 3, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
Job Number: 1763
Job Location: Kittery, ME
Job Type: Full-Time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a Database Administrator to join our outstanding team in Kittery, Maine.
The Database Administrator (DBA) will provide exceptional customer service to the U.S. Navy Submarine Maintenance Engineering, Planning & Procurement (SUBMEPP) Activity as a member of the Information Management & Technology Department. DBAs provide technical guidance and assistance to SUMBEPP’s world-wide workforce by monitoring, maintaining, upgrading and optimizing numerous mission-critical databases.
Under general supervision, updates, implements, and maintains complex Oracle databases. Works with project management and other DBAs to support organizational requirements. Competent to work on most phases of database administration, but may require some instruction and guidance in other phases. The current enterprise environment consists of multiple stand-alone databases in Oracle 12c.
• Assist in daily database operations, monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
• Implement and maintain database security including performing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVA) and bulleting (IAVB), technical advisories (TA) and periodic patches.
• Execute existing Oracle queries, Crystal Reports, and MS Access database reports. Design and build new queries based on customer requests.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems. Escalate problems as appropriate. Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
• Implement and release database changes in the production environment.
• Maintain written DBA documentation, including “lessons learned” information.
• Implement performance tuning.
• Additional duties as required.
• One (1) to Three (3) years’ experience required.
• Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to quickly learn complex business applications and apply knowledge to assist customers.
• Experience researching problems and finding solutions.
• Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, and work in a fast paced team environment with DBAs, system administrators, application administrators, and software developers.
• Self-confident working independently during off-peak hours.
• Experience in
• Experience with SQL development to create ad-hoc queries and reports.
• Experience with application server technology utilizing J2EE, Cold Fusion, and PHP.
• Experience with Oracle Database tools (i.e. Toad) and Windows Server 2012 operating systems primarily with UNIX/Linux.
Education and/or Certifications
• At minimum, a high school diploma. Associate’s degree in a related field preferred.
• Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate (OCA).
• DoD Approved Information Assurance certification (8570.01-M IAT Level I: A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, SSCP. Level II: CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
• Secret Clearance w/ SSBI required.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning, fast-growing mid-tier service provider of cloud, cyber, applications and IT modernization solutions to Defense and Federal civilian markets. At the core of everything we do is a commitment to quality and a results-oriented corporate culture founded on integrity, empowerment and teamwork that drives mission success for our customers.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.
- Location: , Kittery, ME 03904, USA
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No