CSD Incident Manager (Fort Bragg, NC) (TS/SCI Required) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on September 11, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Job Title: CSD Incident Manager
Experience Level: Senior
Location: Ft. Bragg, NC
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Quiet Professionals, LLC (www.QuietProfessionalsLLC.com) seeks multiple CSD Incident Managers to work at Fort Bragg, NC supporting USSOCOM.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI
- CompTIA A+, Security + or Network + preferred certifications
- Able to apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Able to Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Able to Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots network performance issues.
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
Send resumes directly to: Dave@QuietProfessionalsLLC.com
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No