Cloud Network & Security Architect
Posted by Kris Hoegel on December 6, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
Currently, RGServices is looking to hire a Systems Architect II, in the role of Cloud Network and Security Architect, to support our customer, Avaya, Inc. This role will be critical in supporting our customer’s mission of providing always available and secure Cloud solutions for their customers.
A Day In the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to partner with internal teams to provide technical leadership in all aspects of design, deployment, security and support of networking components within a given data center and all interconnectivity between DC to customer premise for the end-customer’s cloud solutions. This role also designs, deploys and oversees the implementation and integration of various networking components from customer premise to centralized data center locations. The architect is expected to handle incidents and escalations to solve and prevent network problems that can arise from the internetworking of complex systems. The individual should plan and lead engineering programs and act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs, acts as a mentor to lower levels within the organization, and works with minimal direction when providing solutions to a diverse range of complex issues. Additionally, the successful candidate can expect to:
- Apply mastery level expertise with knowledge of industry trends and ability to apply concepts in support of business requirements.
- Implement and manage multiple vendor Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Load Balancers.
- Find solutions to isolate, resolve, and prevent the most complex transport problems across teams/technologies.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts within the data center network and external to the data center over various WAN connectivity methods to customer premise.
- Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and ensure governance and change management practices are followed.
- Implement network solutions and related projects in cloud environment to meet business needs and customer requirements.
- Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor for patch compliance and analyze patches for compatibility and approve implementation/changes
- Multi-Tenant Cloud: Design, implement and manage the network and security systems within a secure multi-tenant environment.
- Working with security compliance teams, implement and maintain secure network infrastructure to adhere to HIPAA and PCI-DSS requirements. Implement and maintain monitoring systems and tools which are required for HIPAA and PCI-DSS.
- Mentor and provide training to global support groups.
- Help develop, maintain and operate a vulnerability management program.
- Monitor, manage and maintain tools which support network monitoring and logging.
How You Can Make A Difference:
This role plays an important and vital part in mission success. The ideal candidate will be in a position to ensure that all solutions and architecture adhere to industry best-practices for scalability, usability, performance, security, and serviceability. The architect will work with security compliance teams to ensure the network infrastructure is designed and deployed to meet HIPAA and PCI-DSS security requirements, as well develop and maintain systems and tools which are required for compliance.
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG’s solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 7+ years network experience (minimum of 2 years working with cloud) in large-scale global environment; including the installation, maintenance and ongoing support of firewalls, routers, switches and load-balance solutions; including support of higher layer routing protocols
- Experience designing and delivering solutions for customers within budget and on-time. Must be prepared to discuss solutions and make sound decisions.
- Must have solid experience:
- Designing, implementing and supporting VPN’s and remote access solutions
- Configuring, troubleshooting and supporting data center switches. Avaya & Extreme VSP series devices or equivalent
- Configuration and support of data center firewalls, Palo Alto or equivalent
- Configuration and support of network load balancers
- Configuration and support of Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google, or equivalent) network and security systems
- Networking troubleshooting using various tools including packet sniffers and real-world traffic simulation tools to monitor and isolate problems
- Experience mentoring and training junior and mid-level network engineers
- Highest network industry certifications (CCNP, CCIE, PCNSE, etc) and/or equivalent work experience
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
RG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes