CISB—IT Sect—Multimedia Support Technician
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on March 8, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The Multimedia Support Technician reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Multimedia Support Technician will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, coordinates, schedules, manages, and provides DISN Video Services Global (DVSG) and IP-based video teleconferencing (VTC) support by configuring and operating the Government provided equipment. Equipment inventory includes the following: Tanberg 6000 series, Tanberg Multi-conferencing Unit (MCU), CISCO Telepresence EX60/EX90/SX20.
- Designs, installs, configures, operates, and maintains VoIP technologies, such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager, IP telephony, handset, call control, and voice mail solutions to support day-to-day operations and deployed events.
- Designs, installs, configures, operates, and maintains all unclassified and classified Adobe® Connect™ 8 and 9 Web conferencing capabilities to support Web meetings during day-to-day operations and MSTP deployed exercises and events.
- Designs, installs, configures, and maintains Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) Chat servers and client application software to support MSTP day-to-day operations and during deployed exercises and events.
- Integrates voice, video, and Web services to support collaborative planning and meetings between multiple sites and organizations.
- Designs and maintains documentation to include diagrams on the MSTP video teleconferencing and real-time services topology, smart packs/user help guides, change management logs, and turn over documents.
- Identifies and recommends future voice, video, and data networking technologies to support day-to-day operations and deployed events.
- Coordinates contract support and maintenance of MSTP audio-visual systems with Marine Corps Base Quantico Combat Visual Information Center and Headquarters Marine Corps Plans, Policies and Operations personnel.
- Provides communications security (COMSEC) information support for day-to-day operations and to support MSTP exercises by receiving, couriering, storing, installing, operating, and protecting classified keying material for designated exercises and events per the Marine Corps Order (MCO) MCO 2281.1 (EKMS 1b), Electronic Key Management System Policy). The following encryption and fill devices are being used: KG-175D, KIV-7M/HS/HSB, KIV-54, KG-254A, KSV-14, AN/PYQ 10 C Simple Key Loader (SKL).
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in an IT discipline, to include Computer Science or MIS desired.
- In lieu of an Associate’s Degree, at least three years of experience in a professional IT-related role.
- CCNA Voice desired.
- At least three to six years of related work experience in IT, which should include successful experience as an enterprise team member.
- Required: System Experience: Configuring, administration, and troubleshooting of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Adobe Connect server, IRC/XMPP/Jabber chat servers and services, Windows Server, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, domains and TCP/IP. Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Telepresence, Gatekeeper, Call Manager, Multipoint Control Unit (MCU) features, subscribers, call handlers, call routing rules, troubleshooting call problems, tracing and capturing logs, analyzing SIP call traces, SIP, H.323, COMSEC Custodian, Planar video walls, and AMX AV control systems.
- Direct participation in real world operations desired
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable in Cisco voice telephony, and VTC/H.323 equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with others and senior management.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% – 5% travel
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No