CISB—IT Sect—Systems Engineer
Posted by email@example.com on November 9, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The Systems Engineer reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Systems Engineer will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers, deploys, manages, monitors, upgrades, migrates, and designs Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP2 servers to support day-to-day operations and deployed events to include installing and deploying servers.
- Manages Exchange Server infrastructure, conducts server upgrades, plans and implements disaster recovery solutions, and monitors and maintains the messaging system.
- Designs and deploys security for the Exchange organization.
- Designs and deploys Exchange Server availability and recovery.
- Designs and deploys messaging compliance, system monitoring, and reporting.
- Plans and executes upgrades to Microsoft Exchange 2013 or other future software release updates as directed by the Government.
- Designs, integrates, maintains, and troubleshoots Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 database instances in the enterprise computing environment to support day-to-day operations and during deployed events.
- Plans and executes upgrades to Microsoft SQL 2012 R2 or other future software release updates as directed by the Government.
- Assists the Government representative in completing required documentation for ITPRAS per current Government policy.
- Installs, maintains, and administers DoD Public Key Infrastructure Cryptographic Logon (CLO) services on MSTP NIPRNET and SIPRNET.
- Ensures anonymity is denied to the maximum extent possible.
- Maintains operations by ensuring that “Temporary Exception Users” are not denied access to systems due to a users’ inability to obtain or use a PKI hardware token.
- Assesses and manages risks associated with information technology resources.
- Evaluates threats, risks, and vulnerabilities then develop countermeasures to ensure continuation in the event of an IT services disruption.
- Develops and maintains MSTP disaster recovery plans.
- Provides and maintains disaster recovery plan.
- Conducts quarterly validation of the disaster recovery plan.
- Designs and maintains accurate documentation on MSTP server topology diagrams.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Associates degree in an IT discipline to include Computer Science or MIS requried
- MCSA Certification.
- VMWare Certified Associate (VCA) desired.
- In lieu of an Associate’s Degree, at least three years of experience in a professional IT-related role.
- At least three to six years of related work experience in IT, which should include successful experience as an enterprise team member or lead.
- Documented experience in a Microsoft Server environment desired. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with others and senior management.
- SYSTEM EXPERIENCE:
- Required: MS Windows Server Environments, VMWare vSphere Environments
- Desired: Cisco Infrastructure, SAN Technologies, Encryption Technologies and vulnerability assessment tools such as Retina
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% – 5% travel
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No