CIED Instructor Camp Pendleton – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on January 3, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
We currently have an open position for a C-IED instructor, so if you could put this out on your network, it would be greatly appreciated. I’ve attached a position description and the requisition number for interested people to apply at www.pae.com <http://www.pae.com> .
Leo Rivera, Contractor
Marine Corps Engineer School,
Defeat the Device Branch
Site Lead, CIED Mobile Training Cadre-West
Comm: (760) 763-3634
Mobile: (760) 859-6888
PAE is seeking a C-IED Instructor at our Camp Pendleton, CA location.
Job Summary: Marine Corps Engineer School (MCES) supports the operating forces’ C-IED training requirements through the employment of the Mobile Training Cadres (MTCs) located at various Home Station Training Lanes (HSTL). MCES provides pre-deployment C-IED training in six specific C-IED Training Courses (CTCs). Training services will include C-IED initial and sustainment training, C-IED integration at Mountain Training Warfare Training Center (MWTC,) along with providing exercise evaluation and assessment support.
The CIED Instructor is to provide first-class instruction to students both in the classroom and on the practical application lanes. Instructors must be able to speak in front of large groups, be well-spoken and capable of ensuring the orderly conduct of the class. Instructors will formally certify and maintain proficiency in all assigned CTCs, as well as supervising the practical applications and evaluations associated with each CTC.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Stand for long periods of time providing verbal and hands on instruction.
- Prepare and present training materials.
- Speak clearly and confidently to large groups.
- Become a subject matter expert regarding selected CTCs.
- Work as a member of a team.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 9 years’ military experience with honorable discharge.
- Tactical experience in an IED environment
- Two (2) years instructor experience.
- Documented experience in two (2) of the following C-IED related specialties: Metal Detector Operation, Counter-RCIED Electronic Warfare (CREW), Search and Site Exploitation, Homemade Explosives (HME), Dismounted Operations in an IED Environment, C-IED Planning Considerations, Route Clearance Operations, Military Engineering, Explosive Ordnance Disposal.
- C-IED experience: 3 years.
- Understanding of adult learning methodologies with the ability to articulate and implement them through the development of USMC SATE compliant curriculum.
- Proficient verbal communication skills to effectively deliver curriculum.
- Must maintain physical condition in support of preparing and implementing practical exercises.
- Tactical experience in an IED environment preferred.
- Secret security clearance is required.
- Work experience: 3-10 years in Combat Arms.
- Combat Engineer or EOD experience.
- Experience with MCES MLFs/CTCs, MCES training initiatives, and academics at the university level involved with IED research.
- Previous experience as a USMC instructor (USMC Basic Instructor Course (BIC ).
- Understanding of USMC Systems Approach to Training and Education (SATE).
- Experience with adult learning methodologies.
- USMC SNCO or Officer with deployed Operations experience at the Battalion or Regiment level.
- Experience at a Formal Learning Center (FLC).
- Experience with Military training and exercise programs.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office Applications: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and Power Point.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Substantial CONUS/OCONUS travel is anticipated with this position (up to 50%).
- Able to withstand the rigors of inclement weather to include extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to carry up to 40 pounds of training equipment and emplace this equipment into the ground with digging devices.
- Capable of multi-tasking; working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Well-organized, punctual, reliable and conscientious, and capable of managing resources and schedules to affect deadlines.
Here is the job req number for the Camp Pendleton CIED Instructor position. We have less than 14 days to fill.
Job Requisition: R0018890 C-IED Instructor – Camp Pendleton
|Erik Post | Deputy Task Manager, MCES
Building BB-12, Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
o.910-440-6016 | c. 540-842-8257 |
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No