Certified Court Reporter/Transcriptionist (Southern, CA) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on December 6, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
We are recruiting several Certified Court Reporters for a multi-site Court Reporting and Transcription contract opportunity with the Department of Veterans Administration (VA) Healthcare Systems located Southern California. This is an ASAP, quick turn-around response for a federal solicitation.
The facilities to be served operate within the Veterans Administration Network Contracting Office (NCO) at the following locations:
- the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System facility of Los Angeles,
- the VA Long Beach Healthcare System in Long Beach,
- the VA San Diego Healthcare System in San Diego, and
- the VA Loma Linda Healthcare System in Loma Linda, CA
While we are pursuing these specific engagements, we are also establishing a pipeline of Certified Court Reporting/Transcription talent that is ready to deploy on request/demand anywhere in the continental US. So please feel free to present your resume and credentials for consideration, we’d love to have you on the team.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Please assure your resume articulate your experience for each engagement you list, a detailed yet concise description is perfectly fine.
2) Assure resume contains:
– your direct contact information (email + cell + home ph.)
– the day/date/times you are available to interview
– what you availability is for long and short term contracts, how soon you’d be available to begin, and the locations you’d be willing to support.
3) A Word copy of your resume along with a copy of your license to serve as a Court Reporter in the State of CA is required for this engagement. For immediate consideration, kindly email it ATTN: CA Court Reporter to Jerri.Thomas@RiVidium.com.
If the license to operate in CA must be obtained (including as an Out-of-State Licensee), kindly advice in your cover letter. For more information and to download the credentialing information, you should visit the Court Reporters Board of California (CRB) at www.CourtReportersBoard.CA.Gov/index.shtml.
US Citizens Only Please
Public Trust Eligible (should it be required)
We use e-Verify.
Multi-Lingual Applicants encouraged to apply.
All individuals must hold the professional Court Reporters Certification as issued by the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA), and bring the following experience and qualifications:
– be registered/licensed or able to obtain a license with the Court Reporters Board of California to operate within the State of California,
– have at least 3 years of court and or transcription reporting expertise to include courtroom, deposition services, broadcast and CART (Communication Access Real-time Translation) captioning, analog recording & digital technologies, monitoring electronic the entire capture process, use of voice silencer and capturing body language as well as emotional and other non-verbal responses
– be versed if not skilled in other best practices of the present day utilized for capturing the spoken and unspoken word then converting it into written text as part of the official record
– possess strong knowledge of legal and medical terminology required
Both freelance and official court reporting, stenography, transcription experience is welcome. Applicant meets the above stated minimum qualifications of capturing the entirety of spoken dialogue utilizing highly specialized equipment to include video and audio recording devices, stenography machines, microphones, using all manner of digital hardware & software technologies that product and prepare transcripts for the legal and/or official record.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest.
Jerri D. Thomas Director, RiVidum Training Division RiVidium, Inc.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No