Business Development Coordinator (Arlington VA) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on April 13, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Business Development Coordinator
Avanti Placements is seeking a Business Development Coordinator to work for a business that provides analytical support to international development and defense clients with a combination of USAID, State Department, corporate, and DoD contracts. The Business Development (BD) Coordinator supports the BD Team on tasks across the entire BD lifecycle,
including lead identification and qualification, solicited and unsolicited technical and cost proposal
development, knowledge management, and strategic planning and forecasting.
Specifically, the Business Development Specialist will be primarily responsible for the following activities:
• Identifying and tracking new business opportunities via professional websites (e.g., www.fbo.gov,
www.grants.gov), current and potential clients, prime/subcontractor partner recommendations, and
ongoing research on countries and/or regions of interest.
• Proactively setting up meetings with a wide breadth of large and small primes/subcontractors, USAID,
Department of State, and Department of Defense officers, key private sector/corporate leads, and any
other high value potential clients.
• Experience developing proposals for a variety of USG clients, including but not limited to the United
States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department of State, and Department of
• Strong proficiency in bid management, especially organizing internal and external proposal efforts
including distribution and collection of signed teaming agreements, developing a compliance matrix
and technical outline that follows a Request for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Assistance (RFA),
facilitating proposal kick-off and team review meetings (e.g., pink team, red team, gold team reviews),
managing technical and cost inputs from partners per data call requests, and maintaining a record of
requisite draft and final proposal documentation for future reference.
• Solid proposal writing and editing skills.
• Proficiency in using Excel to develop and track budgets.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No