Budget/Program Analyst IV
Posted by PatricioEnterprisesLLC on April 16, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
POSITION: Program Analyst IV
LOCATION: Edgewood, MD (APG)
STATUS: Full Time, Funded
CLEARANCE: Must have an Active Secret clearance
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
- Conduct program analysis of supported programs, including the development and tracking of cost, schedule, risk, and technical parameters, metrics and measures.
- Present a portfolio-wide perspective to provide advice and recommendations to Government leadership on all aspects of program start-up, management, strategy, and execution in order to ensure performance requirements are met.
- Provide technical and analytical support, coordinating and integrating concepts, assessments, requirements, and capabilities.
- Provide evaluation, analysis, and assessment of technical management processes.
- Plan, organize, and develop program management techniques and internal controls to manage acquisition programs and support functions.
- Participate in requirements generation.
- Evaluate the plans for future major milestones.
- Recommend strategies, review schedules, identify issues, and recommend actions to meet program milestones.
- Independently evaluate portfolio/program goals and objectives, adjusting or redefining broad objectives periodically and meeting regularly with member of both Government and Industry to discuss problems with programs.
- Maintain awareness of program status, execution, and milestones, as well as their corresponding strategic impacts, in order to communicate effectively and accurately.
- Review and assess technical, cost, and schedule data, identifying any shortfalls and developing potential corrective actions.
- Review and evaluate requirements and preemptively highlight materiel acquisition issues.
- Fully vet issues and rapidly respond with comprehensive, accurate, and complete information to senior leadership to inform timely actions and decisions and limit impacts on cost, schedule, and performance.
- Communicate programmatic issues, concerns, and information to leadership.
- Report pertinent developments and remain readily accessible and responsive.
- Identify resources to ensure program success.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships, open lines of communication, and an understanding of key issues and areas of interest.
- Gain concurrence, approval, and consensus from stakeholders regarding various project aspects and adjust the project strategy accordingly.
- Facilitate efficient communication and program support between the program office and external agencies.
- Gather and assess relevant program data to prepare and update reports, briefings, and databases required to report program status. In addition, coordinate the review and submission requirements for such reports, briefings, and databases.
- Develop the initial documentation for program milestones, facilitate review of the draft documentation through the program office, and provide expert analysis of comments in the adjudication process.
- Develop, review, and provide input to acquisition documentation in support of program milestone decisions and IPRs to ensure completeness and consistency and to recommend changes.
- Evaluate, analyze, and assess acquisition strategies to execute the materiel approach, consulting afterwards with the Government lead to review the strategies and ensure consistency with DoD 5000 and organizational policies.
- Review and analyze major reports or policies of organization for internal and external distribution.
- Assist in preparation for meetings, conferences, and program reviews, reserving facilities, scheduling speakers, and sending notifications to potential attendees.
- Attend and provide support at meetings, events, and reviews for relevant stakeholders in person and/or via teleconference, video teleconference, and/or web-conference. In addition, prepare meeting minutes, white papers, and briefings as needed to provide leadership with a recap.
- Participate in PMRs, milestone decision reviews, IPTs, and other recurring (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly) meetings, and provide follow-up information to leadership in the form of meeting minutes, executive summaries, position papers, white papers, and/or briefings.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly meetings where data exchanges are discussed and provide regular follow-up briefings to leadership.
- Develop and update strategic/top-level briefings for public presentation.
- Provide evaluation, analysis, and assessment of both internal and external reports, pre-briefs, and briefs, including those of other agencies, and provide expert analyses of the documents, including relevance and impact.
- Present clear and concise reports and briefings to communicate input, findings, and recommendations.
- Lead the effort to gather, generate, review, and assess data to update the recurring reports and the portfolio assessments. Coordinate to obtain review and submission requirements for the reports, and ensure that all deadlines for report submission are met. Also brief the reports when needed.
- Provide a weekly summary of activities conducted.
- Obtain and maintain all information regarding the projects and events he/she is responsible for managing and provide updates on issues, upcoming meetings, briefings, and taskers related to assigned projects, both orally and in written form.
- Meet assigned deadlines.
- Work in conjunction with senior leadership to develop, refine, and analyze acquisition, business, contract, and financial strategies, to include POM submissions to JPEO-CBD.
- Coordinate with multiple agencies, stakeholders, and contractors regarding funding, awards, and requirements.
- Assist to coordinate, develop, review/analyze/assess, and monitor/staff policy, guidance conformance, and standards for use across the JPM.
- Serve as an SME, leading the development of important planning, budgeting, and acquisition program documents (e.g., APBs, LCMPs, Acquisition Strategies, LCCEs, etc.).
- Manage multi-year funding and spend plans, to include determining financial discrepancies and funds that should be returned, and demonstrating actual expenditures, planned commitments, and the path forward to meet JPEO-CBD/OSD goals. Use Microsoft Excel, GFEBS, and JSCBIS to develop program plans and monitor funding goals.
- Assist in the development of contract and financial documents for submission to GFEBS.
- Mentor and guide junior contractor support personnel, and recommend work assignments for junior personnel to leadership.
- Must possess a Master’s degree in Systems Management, Business Management, or a related discipline, as well as ten (10) years of general experience and five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Alternate/Tradeoff Requirement: possess a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Management, Business Management, or a related discipline, as well as twelve (12) years of general experience and eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- Possess working knowledge of the DoD requirements development process (i.e., update JCIDS), the DoD 5000 systems acquisition process, and organizational acquisition policies. In addition, be capable of applying that knowledge to support the program office’s data input, review, and participation in the requirements development process, including the development and update of information concerning requirements traceability to acquisition processes and documentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead troubleshooting activities and issues.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, among a variety of audiences.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software, with specific experience in effective use of Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No