Budget Analyst III
Posted by PatricioEnterprisesLLC on December 2, 2019
To apply to this job, contact PatricioEnterprisesLLC.
POSITION: Budget Analyst III
LOCATION: Ft Belvoir, VA
STATUS: Funded, Actively Recruiting
CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance Required
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
DESCRIPTION: Patricio Enterprises (PE) is seeking a Budget Analyst to support the Project Manager Terrestrial Sensors (PM TS) Product Manager (PM) Force Protection System (FPS) Base Expeditionary Targeting and Surveillance Systems – Combined (BETTS-C)/Persistent Surveillance System – Ground (PSS-G)/Bistatic Surveillance System (BSS) quick response capabilities. PdM FPS develops, fields, and sustains persistent surveillance systems that enhance intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, target acquisition, force protection, and physical security capabilities, enabling rapid situational understanding and integrated operations for United States (US) Warfighters in the US Central Command (CENTCOM), Pacific Command (PACOM), Africa Command (AFRICOM), European Command (EUCOM) Areas of Responsibility (AORs) and other locations as required.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- Performs various budget functions involving the formulation (strategic planning), justification (data analytics), and execution of budgets for organizations, programs, or projects. This work requires knowledge and skill in the application of related laws, regulations, policies, precedents, methods and techniques of budgeting, to include Government budget systems (i.e., General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS)).
- Responsible for executing current year dollars, performing the full range of budgetary duties and responsibilities in forecasting and executing Product Manager Programs. The program may encompass Customer, RDTE, DoD, OPA, OMA, and OCO funds for the prior and the current fiscal year, as well as preparing and developing data for long range planning documents.
- Create Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests and Procurement Work Directives.
- Monitor daily the status of funds.
- Maintain current year cashbooks, log books, and files, closing year dollars for year end, record customer funding that is received and execute customer dollars.
- Create Customer Order Files, when required, review Transportation Activity Codes and provide to BMD for signature.
- Execute funding in the GFEBS; research NULOs and ULOs; work with DFAS, DCMA, and customers to alleviate any problems that occur.
- Assist the BMD Lead and individual programs in updating the Spend Plans at the end of each month; assist teams on funding taskers, as requested, collecting and managing Support Agreements (DD1144) from customers.
- Review, analyze and verify data submitted for consistency with financial and program objectives, adherence to instructions, necessity of expenditures and compliance with most recent fiscal policy guidance. Consolidate input into a unified package for submission to higher headquarters.
- Perform an analysis of budget requests, shifts in project direction and emphasis and/or requests not included in planned program and explores alternative sources of funding.
- Interface with personnel within the program office and other commands and services connected with the financial management process.
- Research financial records to resolve difficulties regarding fiscal responsibilities issues and provide authoritative fiscal guidance to insure compliance with the most recent statutory and regulatory publications.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of eight (8) years related work experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting preferred. Fifteen (15) years’ experience in the budgeting / finance / accounting can be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience managing funding execution in GFEBS required.
- Familiarity with the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution Process (PPBE).
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of business organization and management.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluated proposed programs and expenditures.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data, interpret financial records, detect errors, and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Experience with databases and spreadsheet programs; experience in use of financial or accounting information systems.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Location: , Ft. Belvoir , VA ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No