BFT/JBC-P Instructor – Okinawa, Japan
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on January 19, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The BFT/JBC-P Instructor will support MISTC-Okinawa by providing instruction and will participate in the curriculum development processes. The Instructor will collect and maintain course data to provide to the Course Chief. The BFT/JBC-P Instructor reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager in coordination with the Site Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instruction on the installation, configuration, operation, integration and maintenance of military tactical command and control systems dedicated to FBCB2 Tactical Systems functionality to include BFT/JBC-P systems and applications.
- Maintain BFT/JBC-P applications and associated hardware by configuring and troubleshooting each system per supporting technical documentation in a classroom training environment.
- Reconfigure BFT/JBC-P systems for classroom instruction when required.
- Provide guidance to personnel to reconfigure BFT/JBC-P systems used for exercises.
- Develop and validate instructional material on BFT/JBC-P systems.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on training curriculum improvements and system and application upgrades to the BFT/JBC-P Course Chief and C2 TECOE through approved channels.
- Conduct battle drill demonstrations to Operating Force Marines.
- Travel to conduct on-site instruction and technical assistance as required to include field training environments and participate in mobile training teams.
- Participate in Course Content Review Boards (CCRBs), Learning Analysis, Master Lesson File (MLF) Reviews, meetings and conferences as recommended by the on-site government representative.
- Provide recommendations for all aspects of BFT/JBC-P Course iterations, including course schedule, end of course surveys, and resulting reports.
- Collect and collate all course evaluation data and provide a trends report to the BFT/JBC-P Course Chief and site director on a quarterly basis.
- Communicate with the BFT/JBC-P Course Chief and other BFT/JBC-P Instructors at the other MISTC and C2 TECOE sites on a monthly basis.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal BFT/JBC-P systems courses covering both operations and system administration.
- Formal School Instructor/Basic Instructor Course, or service equivalent.
- Officer/NCO intermediate or career level school or service equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of documented experience instructing and employing the respective systems to support MAGTF operations to include COC watch stander operations.
- Shall have knowledge of the products developed by BFT/JBC-P systems to support the MCPP and systems utilization in plans execution for current operations.
- Direct participation in real-world operations is required with a preference for participation in Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed knowledge of Marine Corps Instructional Systems Design/Systems Approach to Training and Education.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No