Aviation Support T&R Analyst
Posted by email@example.com on September 14, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The Aviation Operations Support Analyst shall provide support to the Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Training and Education Standards Division (MTESD) who is tasked with developing, reviewing and/or updating Marine Corps Aviation Ground Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Training and Readiness (T&R) manuals. The Aviation Operations Support Analyst shall provide overall expertise for successful completion of these tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Aviation Operations Support Analyst shall develop, review, and ensure the standardization of the Aviation Ground T&R manuals per NAVMC 1553.1 Systems Approach to Training (SAT) Users Guide.
- The Aviation Operations Support Analyst shall provide support to the Aviation Ground section within the Aviation Standards Branch (ASB) of MTESD for the drafting, development, review, version control, and standardization of Aviation Ground T&R and training management efforts in support of aviation operations, command and control, maintenance, meteorological and oceanographic, and emergency services training and readiness standards.
- Attend/participate in T&R working groups to include pre-working group (virtual) events for Aviation Ground.
- Develop draft T&R manual products and incorporate changes as determined by T&R pre-working groups and conferences to assist with the staffing of final T&R manual products.
- Facilitate the TECOM T&R manual approval process by providing draft T&R Manual(s) or products to the COR to include changes and revisions resulting from the government review.
- Ensure that the technical content being developed or modified is correct, current and approved prior to data input.
- Provide support to the T&R Interim changes process as required via drafted correspondence change requests based on the needs of the customer.
- Evaluate DoD and service school training Course Description Documents (CDD) and Periods of Instruction (POI) to determine relevancy to and for T&R event codes within each Aviation Ground T&R MOS.
- The Aviation Operations Support Analyst shall participate in the Aviation Ground Communities Training Management Team (TMT) working groups to assist Government SMEs in the identification and prioritization of community specific training management issues for submission into the Training Management Process as it relates to the Aviation Ground Community T&R and emerging Aviation Ground training requirements.
- Attend/participate in TMT working groups conducted via web (virtual) conference or live from Quantico.
- Derive common training issues among Aviation Ground communities and assist Government SMEs in solution development for T&R related deficiencies.
- The Aviation Operations Support Analyst shall provide other reporting and documentation as are requisite to the task activities of this task order such as trip reports, meeting agenda, meeting minutes, and briefs.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Curriculum Developers Course
- Working knowledge of Marine Corps training policy, programs, and training development processes, the Marine Corps utilization of the SAT, the Marine Corps T&R program, and the lexicon used by the Marine Corps
- Working knowledge of Marine Corps training policy and procedures.
- Have documented experience in the development of programs of instruction and related materials.
- The ability to design and develop training courses or course materials, and have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the development, execution and assessment of training events to include job performance standards from entry-level (1000-level), core plus (2000-level), and the collective/unit training (3000 + level) T&R Manual standards; documented experience creating, and/or revising Aviation Ground T&R manuals is desired.
- Experience working efficiently in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with TECOM.
- Ten (10) years of Marine Corps experience
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% – 5% travel.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 September 2018.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No