Aviation Command and Control SME
Posted by email@example.com on March 8, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The position is responsible for the coordination and supervision of Marine Air Group and Squadron level training at 29 Palms, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft and update Special Use Airspace proposals in support of aviation activities conducted in the R-2501 range complex.
- Manage and supervise long term airspace initiatives in support of Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center.
- Serve as resident Subject Matter Expert for all airspace matters.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for Aviation Training
- Report to the Active Duty Operations Officer on the planning, suitability of assets, milestones, and readiness of the proposed Air Assets for each aviation event
- Assist all tenant organizations in the integration of Air Assets into the various exercises
- Assist the MAG and Operations staff in the execution of the ITX Daily Airflow
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Joint Air Operations
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Attendance at Career-Level School, such as Marine Corps Expeditionary Warfare School, or equivalent required.
- Military Air Traffic Control Experience; three tours of duty minimum.
- Military Aviator with Joint Air Operations CAOC experience is acceptable substitute for ATC experience.
- Required to understand complexity of military air operations, negotiating on an equal level of experience with Squadron Operations Officers in order to lead planning and conduct daily exercise air operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% – 5% travel
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No