Armed Security Guard
Posted by HSSIemployment on April 21, 2017
To apply to this job, contact HSSIemployment.
Opening for Armed Security Guard
(Job Order No. 1769)
Location: Naval Base Ventura County, CA
Start Date: June 9, 2017
Pay Rate: $22.30/hr (after completion of required training)
**All interested candidates are required to apply online at http://homelandsecurityinc.com/careers/. Applications submitted through Indeed will not be reviewed or considered.**
The HSSI Armed Security Guard is a part-time non-exempt armed position responsible for supporting security operations at Naval Base Ventura, California including Naval Air Station Point Mugu and Naval Construction Battalion Center Port Hueneme. The Security Guard’s mission is to greet all vehicles and pedestrians approaching the Post and to deter and deny unauthorized access to the installation. The incumbent will also assist in plans and procedures to be followed in the event of any major catastrophe (i.e. earthquake, flood, fire) to ensure adequate security measures are maintained within the site of responsibility. This position reports to the Shift Supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate professional conduct at all times and be able to work with little supervision
- Must have ability to treat all persons with courtesy and respect, and demonstrate impartial enforcement of regulations
- Must have the ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
- Must possess the skill and ability to read, write and converse clearly in English
- Must be able to work (mission essential) regardless of weather conditions, Force Protection Condition, or installation closure and to report to the duty station at the regularly scheduled time; work rotating shifts, work overtime on an emergency basis and other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays and may be recalled to duty.
- Must be physically fit and capable of performing moderate to arduous physical exertion
- Must be able to successfully pass semi-annual Physical Readiness Testing (PRT) consisting of sit-ups, push-ups and the 1.5 mile run
- Must maintain all required certifications and mandatory requirements
- Must demonstrate proficiency with firearms and other special weapons as applicable, and maintain both state and federal firing range qualifications
- Must successfully complete all required training and be able to follow orders/directions
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality pertaining to work site operations so as not to cause a breach in installation security or interrupt continuity of operations
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must successfully pass initial drug screening and periodic follow-up testing
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and maintain minimum physical standards as required for job duties and contract requirements
- Must successfully complete a National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
- May be required to obtain and maintain, as necessary, a Secret or better security clearance
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete an HSSI background check
- Must successfully pass a psychological evaluation
- Must be Lautenberg compliant
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass all firearms and training required by contract and California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) and maintain certifications
- Must successfully pass a rigorous 160 hour Security Guard training course
- Must have 20/20 correctable vision in each eye, be able to hear the conversational voice and distinguish basic colors
- Must possess California Guard Card, Firearms Card (must specify 9MM), First Aid and CPR Certification, CA State, Baton Card, and Pepper Spray Permit
All interested candidates are required to apply online at http://homelandsecurityinc.com/careers/. If you need an accommodation to our application process, please contact us at (757) 722-4726.
Homeland Security Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status
- Location: Naval Base Ventura, Port Hueneme, CA ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No