To apply to this job, click here.
Position: Acquisitions Logistics Analyst III
Location: Stafford, VA
Clearance REQUIRED: Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance- Active Secret Clearance preferred
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
The Acquisition Logistics Analyst III supports clients in the management or direction of logistics support for one or more programs, including appropriate supporting organizations. The Logistician will provide logistics, sustainment, and Life Cycle support; training; advice; and recommendations. The support is concerned with developing or performing logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating the logistical actions required to support a specified mission, weapons system, or other designated program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as a logistics consultant to clients.
- Implements DoD Acquisition and Life Cycle Management policies and procedures.
- Identifies all requirements and activities needed to provide comprehensive logistical support within the integrated program management framework.
- Understanding of the iterative nature of logistics requirements during each phase of the program life-cycle.
- Integrates the actions and schedules of each requirement and activity into a comprehensive logistics plan in support of or to be incorporated into overall program plans.
- Determines resources (e.g. funds, manpower, facilities, equipment, supplies, and services) required to fulfill the logistics plans.
- Prepares, reviews, and revises logistics documentation applicable to each program/ project through all phases of the acquisition cycle.
- Monitors progress toward meeting the logistics plan(s), identifies the cause and impact of delays or other problems, and recommends actions to prevent or overcome such delays or problems.
- Follows and maintains quality assurance processes governing development of logistics documentation.
- Conducts studies, prepares reports, and advises on feasibility, cost effectiveness, and regulatory conformance of plans, proposals, and/or special projects.
- Develops and recommends improvements for policy and procedures.
- Tracks program deliverables.
- Evaluates plans for and provision of logistical support for feasibility, efficiency, and economy, and to develop alternatives when required.
- Supports logistics assessments and milestone reviews in preparation for evaluations, demonstrations, equipment fielding, and transitions.
- May require working knowledge and access of client specified Logistics and Program Information Systems.
- Follows established procedures and provides creative input on new approaches to fulfill project goals.
- Mentors and provides training and guidance to lower level personnel.
- Maintains regular work attendance.
- Obtains and maintains any security clearances, status or licenses required by client to perform work.
- Performs other duties as assigned such as drafting weekly Situational Reports, taking Meeting Minutes/Action Item Reviews, and Program Objectives Memorandum (POM).
- Updates program documents not previously identified, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently or as an integral part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT).
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Proficiency in DoD Acquisition and Life-Cycle Management policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in the principles and practices of logistics support analysis and logistics management.
- Knowledge of all 12 of the Integrated Product Support elements.
- Knowledge of the substantive nature of programs and the analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively lead other employees.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS and a minimum of 5 years of experience, 2 of which must be in or in support of a program management office.
- A Master’s Degree can be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Experience working with the Federal Government.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Government Level 1 certification in Life Cycle Logistics or civilian equivalent.
- Certified Professional Logistician, Certified Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Professional, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® or similar
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No