1935 – Security Analyst (ArcSight)
Posted by Nikki Liston on October 12, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Nikki Liston.
Seeking a highly-qualified Security Analyst to join our cybersecurity project located in Seaside, CA. The Security Analyst will use ArcSight ESM and logger, perform Tier 1 review of events, escalate incidents as warranted and assist the Incident Response Team in responding to alerts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with operating systems and networking technologies and protocols
- Must be a US citizen and have a Secret clearance
- Excellent communication, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- ArcSight experience
- CISSP, CASP, CEH
- Cisco certification
- Technical writing and organizational skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain ArcSight SIEM and Logger operations and execute daily, weekly, and monthly SOPs for devices
- Monitor the logging status of log sources and confirm that each source is enabled, configured properly, and functioning.
- Monitor event alerts and perform Tier1 categorization of suspicious activity, escalating as appropriate
- Investigate anomalous, suspicious or malicious log entries or alerts
- Conduct security event collection using log management tools, initiate event management, and leverage identity monitoring activities
- Perform network/system/application/log intrusion detection analysis and trending
- Support fact finding or case evaluation as it relates to ArcSight
- Work with IT Operations to troubleshoot log management issues
- Develop dashboards and reports for IA management and system monitoring
- Provide a weekly scanning and monitoring report
- Maintain a working knowledge of the DMDC ArcSight framework including SIEM, loggers, connectors, and flex connectors
- Other duties as assigned
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Location: , Seaside, CA 93955, USA
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No